April, 2011 Summer Fun
I have a good start on the summer diving schedule so far. As you have heard many times, the best divers are the ones who dive the most. That is why at Manta Divers, we strive to organize many opportunities for our customers to sharpen their skills while enjoying a nice warm day with friends. For those of you who need to complete your open water dives this summer, be sure to reserve your spot and any needed equipment. In addition to open water certifications, it is very easy to complete your advanced open water or Rescue Diver on any of these weekend excursions. So check your planners and plan some diving adventures this summer!
Saturday, June 6 Pearl Lake
Saturday and Sunday June 18 & 19 Three Lakes, WI Search and Recovery weekend
Saturday and Sunday, June 25 & 26 Haigh Quarry
Saturday, July 2 Pearl Lake
Saturday and Sunday, July 23 & 24 Haigh Quarry
Saturday and Sunday, July 30 & 31 Wazee Lake
Saturday and Sunday, August 6 & 7 Haigh Quarry
Sunday, August 21 Pearl Lake
Saturday and Sunday, August 27 & 28 Haigh Quarry
Things to remember:
• This schedule is subject to change, please contact the shop to verify the activity.
• Be sure to reserve needed equipment early
• Make arrangements with your instructor for training dives ahead of time to ensure a safe instructor to student ratio.
• Let us know if you are planning to do a night dive
• Bring plenty of water and food with you to keep you fueled for diving!
• We have limited spots in the dive van so if you want to ride with us, or caravan, let us know ahead of time.
Haigh Quarry 2738 E 2000 North Rd. Kankakee, IL 60901
• The quarry opens at 7am, we will likely park the trailer there Friday night
• We will meet at the quarry between 7 and 8 am.
• Diving until 5pm or so, night diving if anyone is interested
• Sunday we will start early as well and plan to leave but 1 or 2 pm.
• Bring a picnic lunch, and plenty of beverages, or purchase food on site.
• We will stop at Oberweiss for ice cream (we earned it) on the way home.
• Good venue for Advanced open water training
• HAMPTON INN 60 Ken Hayes Dr. Bourbonnais 815-932-8369 Continental Breakfast, $68.00 plus tax
• COUNTRY INN & SUITES 380 S Cypress Street Manteno 815-468-2600 New Hotel - Lovely rooms, great hot breakfast buffet. $59.00 plus tax
Pearl Lake 1220 Dearborn Avenue South Beloit, IL 61080-2300
• Leaving the shop are 6am, targeting to be to Pearl by 8am
• Bring a picnic lunch and plenty of water or other beverages.
• Restaurant on site if you prefer.
Wazee Lake, Black River Falls, WI
• Plan to do a night dive here! The water is clear and there is plenty to see.
• Camping is available nearby
• Best Western Arrowhead 600 Oasis Rd. Black River Falls, WI (715)284-9471
• Falls Motel, 512 E 2nd St., Black River Falls, WI (715)284-9919
Three Lakes, WI
• A long drive, but well worth it to dive in any of the 27 lakes in the chain.
• We will be conducting rescue diving class and search and recovery this weekend for sure, other courses per demand.
In other news!
Until May 31, 2011 only: FREE Advanced open water class or Rescue Diver with purchase of BC and Regulator set up.
Curious about the Bonaire trip? Look for our full trip report in the next weeks, but for now, click here to see a little video!
So where is Team Manta going next year? Barbados! (Click the link for details).